Subscribe

Monday, January 4, 2016

Jano is Here!

Jano has started and I'm off to a good start.

I'm working on Sands and Flames. Sands mainly.

I did 2021 words at the Mega Write-In and 901 words once I got home so with the 3000 words I did on the 1st I got 5922 all together these first 3 days. If I can at least keep a good pace I'll be doing good for me. I'm easily distracted...

Oh, shiny!

LOL

 I worked Sunday and decided I earned a break so I didn't write anything then. 

See...  :)

There was a character in Fire with a similar name with a character in Earth so I changed the character name in Fire.  I didn't want anyone getting confused since the character is a different person than the one in Earth. I sometimes use what I call 'place names'  until I finish the book and then I'll rename when I edit. Or I'll forget I used that name already from my list in either Earth or the dragon story and use it again, then realize I used it before when I edit and change it then.

I have like five stories going in my head at one time--the dragon story Tail, Water, Air, Deadly Sands, and Deadly Flames right now.  I shift through them daily even though I really only concentrate on one at a time. However if a good scene happens in my head I write down the idea for further work later when I'm working on THAT story. :)

 Sands is going to reveal a bit more about both Nick and Sara as it is suppose to be a getting-to-know you vacation even though a dead body interrupts that.  We learn a bit about Sara's past and a bit about vampires as the story goes along. Each have interesting pasts that have a baring on their futures.

And of course there's going to be a twist.

I've already alluded to it in the story, and it has something to do with the vampires' gift of empathy.

Spoiler!  :)

Sands and Flames are 'novelettes'--I plan 25,000 words or less each.  They're about the vacations Nick and Sara take, as will Deadly Waters be. I planned only the three novelettes and as Kindle issues until the third story. I plan to do an omnibus then with all three.

I also plan to finish Water this year as well as Tail.  Sands, Water, and Tail for sure; Flames maybe. So this year's going to be full as you can see.

I hope to finish Sands and get a good start on Flames during Jano.  And as I said before I'm off to a good start with 5922 words so far.  A little less then 20,000 to go for Sands and 25,000 for Flames.

Maybe I'll make the 50,000 words this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment