Subscribe

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My own version of NaNoWriMo

As I said on my previous blog, people have been talking about JANO, but some have been talking about NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, where you write 50,000 words in the 30 days of November. I think I'll do my own version of NaNoWriMo to get me ready for Jano.

My Earth series has 4 books to it so far. At least that's all I've thought about; the four elements thus four books. I plan to do either the second or third book for Jano, but I decided I'll work on book 1 Earth during November as if I was doing NaNoWriMo and see if I can get it done. I have a vague outline for the book, but it is very, very vague. I'm a panster, I'm afraid. I get a idea, write it down, then get scenes from different parts of the book, and have to figure out how to mesh them all together.  Other times, I have a dream and I make a book around that dream.  My subconscious is a weird place if my dreams are anything to go by.

Does anyone have tips on NaNo and JANO? Since I've never done them before and the only thing I know about them is that 50,000 words is the goal, at least 1667 words a day, I'd like some tips.  I usually just sit down with music playing and write for an hour or two.  Sometimes, I don't get anything written because my mind won't settle. I wish I had a separate office where I could spread things out, put things on the wall, leave my papers out.  As you can tell I get distracted easily. ADD strikes again!

Chapt 4 of Book 1 Earth is coming along. I got stuck on names and got distracted by what I wanted to happen in the next chapter. As I said I'm a panster so I only work a chapter ahead, and forget what I want to happen in the one I'm working on!  Not really but I get distracted and don't get as much as I wanted to done.

I'm trying to think of names for my books. So far: Earth Reader, Fire Walker, and Wind Talker, but I'm stuck on Water. Any Ideas?

Well, I've rambled enough for now. I need to work some more on Earth, and maybe finish chapter 4 today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll have chapt 5 done before NaNoWriMo.


No comments:

Post a Comment