Subscribe

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Status report on Earth book

The earth book is the one with the vampire FBI agent and the earth reading consultant.  I have finished five chapters so far and am almost done with the sixth chapter. I just have to figure out how I want to end the chapter. Of course, I already know how I want the next chapter to start. 

I had a friend read the third chapter and she figured out what clue I was leaving so that was good.   However, I don't know if I'm leaving too many clues too early or not.  That's the thing with mysteries, you can't be sure if you're leaving breadcrumbs or tire treads. :)  At least I can't as this is my first mystery, and I already know the ending!

I added a stalker to the story to mix things up a bit, and even though the characters know the stalker isn't the killer, evidence leads to him.  So is the killer using the stalker to try to throw them off or does he have something else in mind?

That's a spoiler, ain't it? ;)

Thought I'd tease you a bit.  

I still plan to get this book done with in the next three to four months. Hopefully by JANO, or I might have to work on it during JANO. I only got 3500 words so far during November.  I write a page or two, and then my attention wanders to future chapters instead of staying in the one I'm working on. My ADD strikes again, and being a pantser doesn't help either! 

I have given the five chapters I have done to a friend who has published a book, and asked her to give me a review of what I have done. Hopefully, I haven't given away too much of the clues, and she'll tell me straight what she thinks.  I took part of the one chapter in to one of my writing groups, and they said it was interesting. I'm taking that as a good sign. :)  

So status report on book: five chapters down, one almost done, and more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment