Subscribe

Monday, April 18, 2016

Manic Monday

Finally finished chapter 10 in Sands!

I wasn't sure how I wanted it to read and re-wrote the confrontation of the co-bad guy and Nick like three times. I'm finally satisfied. At least enough to move on.

 The deadline I set for myself is looming closer: 6 more weeks. So I need to get into gear and finish this novelette. I want to have it out before the end of Summer and get back to Water.

In Sands I mention the background murder case that starts the premise of Water. A body wrapped in chains showed up in Florida which lead to the discovery of more bodies staked to the underwater shelf just off their shore but the murderer was never found so it went unsolved. 

Sands also explains why Nick doesn't have his weapon in Fire.

I also introduce a female vampire that will be important later in the series.

Spoiler!

If you've read and enjoyed my book(s) then please review on Amazon. If you haven't gotten them, please either get them or read them through Kindle Unlimited.

I write my books as if they were movies: fast-paced and dialog driven. There's no flowerly language and only brief discriptions so that you use your imagination for most of it.  I'm not into long, drawn out writing so I write like I want to read.

 The 10 book ideas in my head are all clammering to be written--Now!  lol! So I re-read the bits I have written for each. That calmed them and renewed my determination to finish Sands and move onto Water.

Water is officially Water Ferrier as in the Ferryman of the river Styx. The killer drowns the victims, then stakes/chains them to the ocean shelf, essentially giving them a burial at sea.  With the Ferryman you had to have toll--usually coins--to pay him. I'm thinking about that for this killer too.

 So what do you think? Should there be a toll for this killer? And what should it be?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment