Subscribe

Thursday, August 10, 2017

More prattle

I'm thinking about writing a story or two for Chicken Soup for the Soul.

I got to get one to read so I can see what kind of stories they want. They have to be uplifting I know but the style...Anyway I'll look at one and see.

The last Beverly Connor book I got has been read. Still want to read.  But I know I need to get to work on my Flames. 

Santino is going to try breaking the bond between Sara and Nick as well as the partnership between Nick and Elliot. She wants to isolate him so she can wear him down emotionally until he has to turn to her.  Her belief is that a bond with a human is weak and is an abomination. Humans are food sources and an inferior species.  Some of the vampires believe this makes the humans their servants or worse slaves. 

However most of the vampires believe that both vampires and humans came from a common stock and just went different ways on the evolutionary ladder.  Which makes them all equals just different. Luckily for humans the ruling vampires and enforcers believe this and police their Clans before it gets out.

In Flames Santino reveals this inner conflict which will cause problems later.

I think I will do Waters after Flames.  Waters will bring everyone up to date on what has happened and set up Wind/air. Elliot as well as the reader needs to be cognitive of everything. Sara is 2/3 of the way to being a shaman and needs to prepare both herself and the boys for her transformation.

And there will be a bit of a transformation.

With great power comes great responsibility is what I'm going for with her. 

In Deadly Aether there is one who 'With absolute power comes absolute corruption'.  But the power is not as absolute as that person thinks.  Nature is not evil through it's sometimes cruel.


No comments:

Post a Comment