Subscribe

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Processing

Mortal Voice is coming out on Ebook/Kindle today.

Hopefully, it takes off once it launches. Isn't that what we all hope?

It took three years to get this one out. I had started it in 2015 and was to be my second book out. But I got distracted, I suppose you could say. The readers of Earth Reader wanted to know what happened next so I decided to work on Fire Walker and pushed MV aside. I did that for two more books, then decided I needed to get it out so last year I pulled it back out.

Right now I'm working on MVII, Deadly Flames, and Wind Whisperer.  Deadly Flames is about half-way done and the one I'm working on the most. But all three are always open on my computer so I can work any of them at any time.

As I said these are my 'urban fantasy' books or paranormal mysteries. I decided to get them out first before I get into my sci-fi books. The Alliance and Timelost books are next on the list. I listed the four Alliance books on my Alliance blog.  They're a bit different in that they paint humans in a negative light and I warn people about that. It's a very negative look at humans. What arrogance will do to the human race if it's allowed full reign.

The Timelost books on the other hand are positive look at what one good person can do. They are set in a different universe than the Alliance books. Humans are just humans, good and bad, plus we got evil aliens.  Just a normal sci-fi series.  Well, sort of. If Bio-mechanical changes and nanities are normal sci-fi. :)

So that's what's next.

 I also have some dragon books. The Fallborn series which is set in different worlds and some standalones that are set in modern day. I'll work on them as I work on the other books. These are on hold right now since I have one Fallborn book finished. As soon as it's published I'll open another dragon book.

Generally, I open three books on my computer and hop between them when I work. I write a few words or a scene, then I go to the next book and do the same. I have ADD and have a hard time keeping to just one story at a time. I get distracted easily. I play music or an old movie while I write. I used to do my homework to music and got better grades when I did. I seem to write better when my subconscious is engaged with the music while the rest of my brain is on my writing.

 Or is it the other way around?  :)

The processing part is getting the Alliance and Timelost books out of my old files and moving them to the Misc file folder where I can get to them more easily. All my old stories are stored in a large folder or are still on hand-written papers so I have to process them one way or another to get them to my Misc. file folder where my working files are located. I have to get all this together before I can work on them any further. Though I have four books yet to go on the Elemental Voice series I still like to get everything together ahead of time.

So now you're up to date with what's going on in my writing world.




No comments:

Post a Comment