Subscribe

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Progress How Novel 35

Debts still under 26,000 words.

Been working on The Dragon's Keeper (TDK) and Deadly Flames(DF) though. Setting up the confrontation in the next chapter for TDK and the final interrogation for DF. 

Still no blurb for either one. I'm just plain procrastinating. They really don't have to  be done until the books are finished and ready to be published. Blurbs are just plain hard to do. Hook a reader enough for them to want to know more so they will buy your book. If you don't engage them right away, you may lose their attention and they'll move on. 

The Hook. 

That's what I got to figure out. Until I do no blurb.


      Names. When I write names usually just come to me. If not I look around me and see if a name jumps out at me. But if I still can't come up with a name I grab my baby name book and flip through until I see a name I like. The name isn't set in stone though. I sometimes change 'em if it's too blatant or not blatant enough. Some names are tongue-in-cheek. Witness some of the names in Raven Manor. A werewolf with the name Canin or Lupo. And others with less obvious wolf names. 

Then there are my villains. Their names are chosen very carefully. 

How do you get your names for your characters? 


No comments:

Post a Comment