Subscribe

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Progress How Novel 37

 Just below 26, 000 words on Debts.

Once I finish The Dragon's Keeper (TDK) and Deadly Flames (DF), I'll get back to full time on Debts and open one of the other fics for my Writer's Block divergent. When I get Writer's Block I switch fics until I get unblocked, then go back to the main fic.  I think I'll open a Song Saga fic.  Or my Alliance fic. I plan to do them or Time-Lost next any way.

Got two more chapters to go in both TDK and DF. 

They are more novellas than novels, though.  

Working on the blurbs for both. Just so hard to do. Hook the reader enough so they want to buy. I'm just not good at that. Dragon Books hook me at the word Dragon but the storyline is what gets me to buy. However, translating that is hard for me.  


Christmas in July. It was brought up that this would be a good marketing ploy. 

I'm already using Amazon Ads for my books. Not that I'm getting sales--about one a month. But I feel like I'm at least doing something.

My hometown has a craft 'festival' every year--except last year due to Covid--called Hootin-N-Hollerin. I signed up for a booth space. I also signed up for a writing Conference in Springfield, MO next year (2022) and an author table at it.  Book Signings may be in the future as well.  It is time to spread my wings again now that we are getting out again.

I do better at In-Person Events, then online when it comes to selling.   Online is flat, not engaging enough. At in-person events you are emersed in the experience.

To be on my email list, go to the web version of this blog and you can sign up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment