Subscribe

Thursday, October 26, 2017

another bit of prattle

I have two covers for Under the Dragon's Tail. Which do you think is best?

Please leave a comment. I really want to know which you think is the best.


 
I did both on Canva. com. I like both.
 
Fallborn is the "category" all my dragon books are going to be under. All dragons' are Fallborn. Eggs laid spring, hatch fall. All my dragons are going to be hermaphrodites, but present as males. Some of the stories will have regular relationships and some asexual. Tail is asexual. Asexual does not mean  without intimacy. Hugs and touches, even kisses, can be asexual but still convey love and intimacy.
 
Anyway enough of deep thoughts. :) 
 
I'm working on both Tail and Flames. I want to get at least one of them done before April. Tail is farther along than Flames of course. 

Tail BLURB: Dark days have shrouded the Kingdoms, but rumors of the Dragon' s Gem have resurfaced and given hope to those who still fight. Are they just rumors or is it the time of prophecy?

I wrote this during the first days of writing the first few chapters. Now I'm 30, 000 words into it and I still think this is good. :)  

Short and sweet. I'll come up with more by the time I'm finished I'm sure.

This story idea was actually from when I was a teen. I had a dream and wrote a brief, real brief narrative of what I remembered of the dream and I turned it into the prophecy:

 The dragon's gem will be lost for a hundred and one years and will be brought forth by a girl rich in humble origins, causing the dragon to awake. An evil man will seek to steal the gem and an army will gather at the Pass named for the horse general while the king of kings joins with the warrior queen. Blood will flow and evil will seem to have the upper hand until the girl is brought before the evil man. At her word the dragon will smote all the evil before her with cleansing fire.

I'll have to clean it up a bit but I'm leaving this as the prophecy.  My friend Travis and I wrote years ago together to see if we could get a book done doing writing together. He finished his, and eventually published it, though he was not satisfied with it. But I only got to 20,000 words.

 Now it's 30,000 and I got a bit to go yet, but I'm determined to finish this book. I finished four books in the Voice Series and I know I can finish this one since I have finished these. 

All it takes is time.



No comments:

Post a Comment