Subscribe

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

a Dash of Nattering

Well, got my first assignment for college done and back. B-. Not bad for something I wasn't sure I was doing right! :)

So on to second assignment this week.

As to the covers, I like both so it's hard for me to choose which  one to do for Tail.  Right now I'm leaning towards the one with the eye. The skin is bearded dragon skin and the eye I found on a free site. The eye looks similar to another I saw, the size and a slight difference in color is the only difference I see in the two so I downloaded the free one.

I also changed the dragon skin motif on the other cover to bearded dragon skin. So here's the new design:

Much better I think.

I've had a thought about Mortal Voice. What if I make it a magic world with Adepts. She is something different, a Voice. Magic comes from people's/ living thing's energy. Lifeforce./Elemental energy is something different than what they're used to. Adepts use 5th element spirit and there's more of them. Only a few have the other elements and most don't survive to adulthood and those that do are de-spirted by their 'lack' of gift.  .

Or maybe I'll make this a Fallborn and make Mortal Voice a modern tale with her partnered with a detective. Yeah, maybe.

I got to think on it. And I got two covers for it too, though one has a less chance since the clothes are modern for the Fallborn/ but maybe I'll save the one cover for another story.  :)

At least I hope I can use the image I downloaded from Dreamtime. I don't know. I'll ask Sharon when I'm closer to finishing that book.

I worked a bit on Tail today. I plan to finish it and/or Flames by April. Tail is coming along fine and nearing the confrontations of both the Rennon and Eldanian Armies and Beka and the evil man.  I have put subtle hints in, maybe too subtle. But I don't want to give away the ending too soon or it will be anticlimactic.

I'm also have another of the Fallborn series started; In the Dragon's Claw.

I like these covers, but I also like the other covers I have for them but these are the ones that show they are a series. So I may go for them.


I have a few more Ideas for Fallborn. Most of them are PG13 or close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment