Subscribe

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Progress & A sneak peek

The obsession of de-cluttering has calmed down.

I have Flames, MVII, and Air/wind open to work on. I've been adding snippets to each of them since Saturday.

I'm not sure if I want to get Flames out next or work on Air/wind and get it out next so EV series is out and just the companion series is left to finish or do Flames and Waters and get them out before Air/wind.  I promised myself I'd get the series out before I was fifty but seven books and an epilogue book just ain't happening. So should I get out the Main EV series than finish the companion vacation series or do Flames next? Which should be next up?

Flames is a little over the third of the way through while I only have the first chapter of Air/wind done. I'm working on both right now.

I'm holding off on the dragon books until after I get either Flames or air/wind done. I still have 'Eye' to get out. The dragon books can hold out until I get 'Eye' published.

The two Alliance books are still waiting in the wings until I get EV and the companion series done.

I got a lot of books in my Misc/Stories folder to work on. I also got stories in MyStories folder that I'm still putting in the computer. Though I've nearly stopped doing that since it makes me want to write on THOSE stories instead of the ones I should be working on.  I traded the milk crate for a basket but those stories still need to be inputted into the computer.

Mortal Voice is coming out soon.

The earth talks to Jaci Travers like a gossip to her coffeeklatch. This gift allows her to uncover the hidden, the missing.
Jaci and her PI partner Paul Rooney are called in to consult on a now hot cold case. Women have been disappearing without a trace and the sheriff now has a suspect but no evidence. Necro-Covery, Jaci and Paul's business, investigates missing persons cold cases and has a high Closure rate. The sheriff is desperate and time is running out.
 A victim's father makes a business proposal that would make Paul and Jaci's dreams come true. Is it for real or will it be snatched away by the negative PR sure to come from the one killer case?

What do you think of the blurb? 

Here's a bit of a sneak peek:

 
She was already getting a faint reading just from touching the road. When she stepped onto the land proper she knew the strength of the sending would be increased.
“Captain Horne said that you didn’t find anything in the house or at any of the crime scenes to link this guy to the murders.” Rooney looked at the sheriff. “But he said you think he’s good for it.”
“He ran into a woman that fits the type the killer goes for. His bad luck a deputy came upon the scene moments later.”
“According to what files I saw all the cars were hit and runs with the female drivers missing.”
“Yes.” Ackers nodded. “Five so far. With little or no paint transfer. The color matches his vehicle but there’s no damage for yesterday’s accident. The house he rents was a bust as was the yard around. Then we found he owned this parcel.”
Jaci stepped onto the grass and paused as impressions hit her. Taking a deep breath she walked until she came to a deer trail, then moved along it for a bit before stopping. She squatted and laid her hand on the ground. More impressions assaulted her. She pushed aside the strong negative emotions and concentrated on the perceptions she was receiving.
“Jak?” Paul squatted beside her, the sheriff standing to the side.
Seven, females, secret
“He’s killed more than five, Sheriff.” Jaci withdrew her hand from the ground and looked at Ackers. “There are seven bodies here.”

For the whole chapter see the teaser on Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment