Subscribe

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Ads

 

I'm taking the Amazon Ad Profit Challenge. It's free, unlike the ads I 've been running at a loss. Figured I'd learn something and at least break even.

We started Monday with a prequel, then did the first lesson on Wednesday. I've got 3 ads running right now and sold one ebook so far during this challenge. It runs until Tuesday, the challenge that is. The ads run until end of month. Well, Maybe. I don't have a big budget for this. 

I'm learning about keyword, category ads. I knew a little about them of course but this goes more in depth. And there's more to come. Learning how to write copy(the words for the ad) to maximize interest and get more clicks(and hopefully buys). I'm not, unsurprisingly, good at writing copy. My mind goes blank a lot or I have too long of a copy.  It's too much like writing a blurb or tagline and I suck at those. 

On the whole I think this Amazon ad challenge is worth doing. The next one is in April. I recommend at least trying it. May help you get the numbers you're looking for.

 I had 6 pre-orders so I've sold 7 books this month already which is a first for me. The pre-orders were discounted so only one ebook at full-price.  I hope I get at least one review from the buyers besides Jan's. That would be a good percentage of return. At least I think so. Getting reviews is like pulling teeth.

I do better selling at conferences and book signings. I've barely sold anything since Covid-19 started. Not that I really sold a lot anyway, but more than I have so far this last year. Of course, I rebranded myself as well and changed up my writing. That probably was a factor as well.

Hopefully these ads do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment