Subscribe

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Progress How Novel 24

Didn't write a lot this week, only at 22, 960 words. 

Debts. The Ruv have a debt to the Shavora, and the Loupe have a debt to the Oru, while the Kal and the Hunters owe both Ruv and humans a debt that could end in devastation if called in full. Balance needs to be maintained yet the debts need to be paid before they themselves tilt the balance. A sacrifice may be required.

Read one of my TBR list books instead of writing. Book 1 of a mystery series. I have several of those on the list as I'm looking to expand my authors. I've read certain famous authors for years (before I became an author myself) so I started to include Indies these last few years. I read a variety of genres but I am finicky. Some of the books I've read are highlighted on another of my blogs.

The three books I have out now on Amazon are the type of books I would read in their genres. Check out their blurbs for a glimpse of my psyche. Books  


As I was writing about the Del Mulanti Ruv, I had to think of their culture, language, their origin. I went "what if" they didn't know these things because of an internal war/feud between 'clans'/ 'lines'. They adopted their 'chosen's' language and culture to an extent. And that is all the Ruv of the present know of their history besides legends passed down the clan/lines.

So who would be their 'chosen"?  Who would accept them fully?  Who had a rich storytelling and superstitious history? Who traveled as the whim or circumstances took them? Who had their own secret language?

The Roma, or Gypsies as others called them. Language used

I took liberal license with the Roma and their language as they would be different people with the Ruv living among them for centuries.



No comments:

Post a Comment