Subscribe

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

In days of yore

I was trying to straighten up my hand-written stories in the milk crate when I came across one of my short story romances that I wrote when I was a kid. Well, a teenager.

I had read one of Mom's romance books, a regency. And of course I thought I could do better. (Have I mentioned I dislike regency romances before? I don't think I have. But it was the only book I hadn't read in the house)

Anyway, I decided to write a alien romance set on Earth, but in a somewhat different world than our own.  I had twenty sheets of typewriter paper so I sat down at the typewriter and began typing. Thirteen pages later I was done. I just sat down and let the words flow. I remember thinking it was a cool story.

A woman goes camping in the Arizona desert and a injured winged man comes to her campsite. She helps him, then he leaves. Bad men attack her and he comes to her rescue.

I haven't re-read it yet. I'm a bit afraid to.

The stories I wrote back then that I had read, I threw away because they were b*a*d. I thought I had thrown them all away, but here this one is.

Perhaps I should put it in the page section and let you all decide what I should do with it. Or maybe I should just throw it away without reading it. Tempting though that is, I feel like I should keep at least one of the samples of my early writing. 

I'm so conflicted about this story. It was my first and only 'romance'. 

What should I do with it?

Click on comments below and please tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Do aliens feel the same emotions are we humans do?
    Is their "love" the same as ours?
    Or is it biological imperatives?

    ReplyDelete