Subscribe

Thursday, November 16, 2017

More words

Coming along on Mortal Voice.

Up to 12,095 words.

One killer caught, the other getting out on bail. Both Cannibals, though only our two main characters know that. Maybe they know each other, maybe they met at Cannibals Anonymous. :)

The one used a wood chipper to get rid of the bodies while the other buried what remained on a dump site, not caring about any other forensic countermeasures than plausible denial.  Two cannibals in one town yet only five missing women. Where are they getting their other victims?  And you know there has to be others. 

I don't know if I'll make it to 50,000 words on Mortal. I only have five more scenes in my head, one of which is the ending. After the scene I'm writing now comes the hospital scene. Next scene is at the caught killer's place and they're looking at a wood chipper while CSU takes a swab and it shows positive for blood. Then Jaci is talking to the second cannibal or should I say he's talking to her about minding her own business which she says she is. Another scene is with one of the victim's father talking to them about investing in their company. And the last scene is cannibal being led away in handcuffs and he tells Jaci that it ain't over.

That's all I have in my head right now. 

I've already written the scene where Jaci says she's the author of my Elemental Voice series. Maybe that will stir things up. As I've said before Elemental is the dream and Mortal is the reality. Elemental is how I'd like the world to be with vampires and psychics real and accepted and Mortal is how it is now.

I'm at the scene where Keth, the exile, meets the Queen in Tail. They are both headed toward the pass and the confrontation with the Rennon Army.  It's going to be love at first sight. But they are both pragmatic and don't say anything until later.  Beka's meeting with the man behind everything is getting closer as well. There's gonna be a surprise during that confrontation.

Flames is not being worked on right now. I want to get Mortal Voice done. It's like a compulsion to work on it. Maybe I needed a break from Nick and Sara. Once Tail and Mortal are done, I'll go back to Flames. I had planned to finish the four books I still have in those two series before I turn 50. So I got a little over a year which I don't think I'll make but Flames is coming out next year.  One way or another!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment