Subscribe

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Interlude Reviews

 I appreciate it when someone reviews or rates my books.

But...

When they give a one star rating without a review, I wonder.


Did they really read the book or are they a troll? Did they just put that one star there to mess with the rating as their idea of fun? Or were they so disappointed in the book that they couldn't find the words to say so? 

I don't know what to think. 

As I said I do appreciate that they took time to rate, but is five more minutes to review really too much to ask? How am I to improve if I don't know where I need to?  

I'm bringing this up because I got a one star rating on my short read mystery collection. 

Maybe they didn't like it due to it not being urban fantasy like my Ghostwolf book. Or maybe they didn't like it because of the Poirot style I tried to do. 

Or maybe they're a troll.

I don't know. 

When I only get ratings, I don't know what the rater liked or disliked about my books. I don't know what to think. I am grateful they thought enough to leave a rating, but I'm left hanging. 

What did I do right, What did I do wrong, where do I need some work?

We Authors love feedback. We might not always change because of it, but we crave it. For some of us it is worth more than the money we don't make. 

So while you're rating, take a few minutes to scribble a few words. You'll make an author's day.





No comments:

Post a Comment